SAG’s mission has been to promote the interests of the Yarn & Textile industry as well as trade. Representation would be granted to SAG on a number of government and public bodies. Further, its opinions and recommendations would carry due consideration with the government in framing & materialising the policies, particularly for the spinning & textile industry in Guajrat.
ROLE OF THE ASSOCIATION
SAG is very proactive on its catering of useful services to its members & associates. The organised textile industry has to foresee many objectives & perspectives of its multi fold growth.
CHANNELISING WITH GOVERNMENT POLICY
SAG would act as a catalyst in the process & progress of the Spinning Industry of Gujarat.
SAG has its mission to promote the upcoming spinning units (Gujarat Textile Policy 2012-2017) into the Domestic & International market. To cope up with the challenges from global competitors simultaneously working upon newer strategies and mechanisms.
Influencing Government Policy
Under the flagship of Designated Authorities, SAG’s most important function is to voice the concerns of the organised textile sector and act as a pressure group to influence government policy. SAG makes representations before the concerned authorities, on behalf of its members, on various issues directly and indirectly affecting the industry. SAG is in the process to be a member of the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industries (FICCI), the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), TEXPROCIL, CII etc. These organisations act as lobbying bodies.
EOU/EPZ Units against Duty Exemption Pass Book (DEPB) Scheme against Advance Release Order (ARO) Procedure of EXIM Policy.
- Rationalisation of Excise Duty on Processed Fabrics
- Import Duty on Cotton and Cotton Waste, recommending free export of cotton under OGL
COPIES OF THESE REPRESENTATIONS CAN BE MADE AVAILABLE BY SAG, ON REQUEST
We have accepted that labour and management are not economic competitors… nor are they social rivals; nor can they afford to be ideological enemies. The fact is that they are teammates - partners in production-working together on the same job that is vital to each.”
BEYOND BUSINESS (CSR : Corporate Social Responsibility / Social Welfare and Educational Purpose)
SAG is opting to proceed with another step to foster the textile trade in Indian & International market. We will be introducing a section called "Marketplace" on the association's website further listing companies who would like to get global exposure and promote their business, products across the world.
This service will include a searchable company listing on SAG website along with a facility for the member to upload their business, product and contact details along with relevant photographs. This marketplace will be publicized across the international textile trade industry via email, promotion at fairs and other activities.
Prospective buyers will be able to see your product profile, business details and will be able to communicate with you to ensure that you don't miss out on any business.
We are projecting the marketplace live on the website on 1st October 2015 and the price of INR 25000 per annum is a promotional pricing. We are sure that you will take benefit of the same and register at the earliest."
SAG, founded in mid of 2014, is the entrepreneurs’ association working towards the promotion and protection of the interests of the organised Spinning sector in and around Gujarat. In representing the spinning & textile industry, SAG takes up relevant issues with Union, State and Local Self-Governments, so as to deliver the best to all its stakeholders - customers, workers, government, channel partners, investors, owners and all such relevant trade associates.
SAG is a non profit organization of the larger units of Spinning Industry of the organized sector situated in and around Gujarat.
Today, SAG is driven by the following basic tenets:
1) Harmonious industrial relations, workers’ welfare and training through consultative processes, leading to consensus in an atmosphere of mutual trust.
2) Concern for continuous upgrading of technology, manufacturing processes, managerial practices and capacity building at all levels, including concern for the quality of life of the public in general and for its employees in particular.
3) Cooperation with the trade and its partners in the channels of distribution.
4) Good corporate citizenship, including the readiness to shoulder social responsibilities.
about Spinners Association (Gujarat)
SAG has its objective of building Harmonious industrial & interpersonal members associates relations as well atmosphere of mutual trust
- To promote the use of scientific knowledge in textiles, from Farm to Fabric (i.e. fibres to garments).
- To implement programmers of continued education in textile technology and management.
- To help members acquire textile qualifications towards improved job performance.
- To honour all those who contribute significantly to the growth of spinning & textiles industry.
- To analyse socio-economic environment for developing strategy recommendations.
- To develop a sense of family under one roof of association amongst the fellow textile professionals including Concern for continuous upgrading of technology, manufacturing processes, managerial practices and capacity building at all levels.
Spinners Association (Gujarat)
SAG Creating Global Image of Gujarat Spinning Industries.
SAG provides for professional growth of technologists, managers, traders, researchers, entrepreneurs, teachers and consultants on the Indian textile scene. It caters to the needs of all fibres, products and all sectors of the Indian industry. SAG organizes Seminars, Conferences, Workshops, Refresher Courses, Academics and Exhibitions of textiles and allied machines as well various consumables for the benefits of the members serving the Spinning & Textile industry.
SAG has some major role of the activities such as:
- Organizing lectures, seminars, workshops and conferences to disseminate useful information on topics of current interest to different segments of the industry.
- Publication of a journal of SAG is to be devoted to all areas of textiles for its members and subscribers.
- Recommendation of policy alternatives to the Government of India & Gujarat State and to the Industry at appropriate times.
- Organizing socio-cultural activities as local level events in each Unit of the association.
Spinners Association (Gujarat)
"CREATING GLOBAL IMAGE OF GUJARAT SPINNING MILLS"